Zercher Cambered Bar Deadlifts
- Set up a loaded camber bar on the ground.
- If necessary, attach a foam pads to the bar so that if the bar is uncomfortable on the arms, it provides some comfort.
- Approach the bar so that the mid-foot is over the bar when the bar is straightened.
- Have your feet in a wide stance with toes angled outwards diagonally. Feet should be near the plates on the end of the bar but not touching the plates.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together so that this keeps your back and shoulders tight throughout the movement.
- Force hips outwards to bend down to the bar.
- Place the top of the bar in the crease of the bicep and forearm with palms facing up like you are carrying a person.
- Drive through the ground by pressing through your heels to lift the bar up.
- Force hips forward until you are in an upright position. Don’t over extend the back.
- Return the weight to the ground by forcing hips outwards until the weight is on the ground.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, return the weight to the ground by dropping hips outwards and letting go of the weight when the weight is on the ground.