Trap/Hex Bar Deadlift
- Step inside the trap/hex bar into the center of the bar.
- Have your heels at hip width and point toes outwards. Drop hips outwards to bend down and stay in the center of the bar.
- Grab the bar with the overhand grip on the sides of the bar and keep arms extended.
- Keep back and shoulders straight and tight by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pull the bar while keeping back straight and drive through hips by forcing them forwards.
- Stop once you stand straight up. Don’t over extend your back.
- Return to starting position by dropping your hips outwards and repeat necessary reps.
- After completion, return the weight to the ground by dropping hips outwards and let go of the bar.