- Adjust a barbell on the catch bars so that the barbell is just below knee level.
- Approach the bar so that the bar is over the mid-foot but not touching your knees.
- Have your feet at hip or shoulder width apart with your toes straight or pointed slightly outwards.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your shoulders and back tight throughout the movement.
- Drop your hips outwards to bend down to grab the bar.
- Grab the bar at shoulder width or just outside shoulder width apart with either an overhand grip or an alternating grip.
- Press through your heels and force your hips forward to raise the bar up.
- Continue up until you are in a standing position. Don’t extend the back.
- Return to the rack by dropping hips outwards.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, return the weight to the rack by dropping your hips outwards to lower the weight to the rack.