- Use dumbbells for the desired workload range.
- Grab the dumbbells with an overhand grip.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together so that your shoulders and back are tight throughout the movement.
- Place the dumbbells on your thighs and use your thighs to bring the weight up to your shoulders.
- Have your palms facing away from you so one end of the dumbbell is facing your ear.
- Have your feet at shoulder width or outside shoulder width apart with toes pointed outwards slightly.
- Drop your hips and glutes to the floor and drop until your knees are in line with hips or slightly below and press up through your heels without hunching your back.
- Keep back straight and head looking forward throughout movement.
- Repeat this for necessary reps.
- After completion, bring the dumbbells to your thigh and either drop them to the floor or bend at the hips and keep back straight to place on the ground.