Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift or RDL
- Use dumbbells for the desired workload range.
- Place the dumbbells in front of you so that they are horizontal to your body. Have the ends of the dumbbells touch each other.
- Stand in front of the dumbbells with feet at hip width or just inside hip width apart.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your shoulders and back tight throughout the movement.
- Drop your hips by pushing them outwards to the dumbbells.
- Grab both dumbbells with an overhand grip.
- Push through your heels to raise the weight up.
- Force your hips forward to explode the weight up to the finished position.
- Keep rising until you re in a standing position and stop there. Don’t over extend the back.
- Descend by pushing your hips outwards and having a slight knee bend.
- Lower until you are just below knee or shin level and drive through your heels back to a standing position.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, drop your hips all the way to the ground and let go of the weight at the bottom.