- Use dumbbells for the workload range.
- Start with the dumbbells on the ground parallel to each other outside shoulder width apart.
- Stand between the two dumbbells.
- Have feet shoulder width apart with either feet facing forward or pointed slightly outwards.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your back and shoulders tight throughout the movement.
- Drop your hips outwards to bend down to the weight.
- Grab both dumbbells with an overhand grip.
- Press through the floor to pick up the weight.
- While rising, force your hips forward until your body is in a straight standing position. Don’t over extend the back.
- Return the weight back to the floor by dropping your hips outwards.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, return the weight to the floor by dropping your hips outwards until the weight is on the ground and let go of the weight.