Chained Barbell Squat
- Adjust the squat rack so the bar holders are just below shoulder height for easy un-racking of the weight.
- Attach chains to the ends of the barbell by laying them over the ends and when you are in the standing position, one to two links are lay on the ground.
- Place bar on shoulders and create a shelf to rest the bar on by squeezing your shoulder blades together to keep back and shoulders tight. Do not place bar on neck or spine.
- Grasp the bar wider but if more flexible have a narrower grip.
- Press the floor and un-rack the bar and take a step out.
- Place feet just at shoulder width apart or slightly outside shoulder width apart and keep toes pointed outward slightly.
- Drop your hips and glutes to the floor and drop until your knees are in line with hips or slightly below and press up through your heels without hunching your back.
- Keep back straight and head looking forward throughout movement.
- Repeat this for necessary reps.
- After completion, step forward and perform a half squat into the bar stops.