Romanian Deadlift or RDL
- Have the weight come over your mid foot like setting up for the deadlift.
- Have your feet about or just inside shoulder width apart.
- Drop your hips outwards to lower to the bar.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your back and shoulders tight.
- Grab the bar at shoulder width apart and drive your heels into the ground to pick up the weight.
- Stand straight up with the bar and the bar should rest on your thighs. Slowly descend while dropping your hips outwards and slightly bending your knees while keeping your shoulders tight by squeezing them together.
- Look forward about 6 feet to ensure proper head placement.
- Bring the bar to about to just below the knees or shin level.
- Drive through heels and return to the starting position.
- After completion, lower weight like a rep and place on the ground.