- Walk to the bar and have the bar go over top of your midfoot. Your shins shouldn’t touch the bar.
- Have your heels at hip width and point toes outwards.
- Drop hips outwards to bend down and keep bar at the midfoot.
- Grab the bar with an alternating grip about shoulder width apart and keep arms extended.
- Keep back and shoulders straight and tight by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pull the bar while keeping back straight and drive through hips by forcing them forwards.
- Stop once you stand straight up. Don’t over extend your back.
- Return to starting position by dropping your hips outwards and repeat necessary reps.
- After completion, return to the floor and bend hips outwards and let go of the bar or alternatively, drop the weight.