Barbell Box Pulls
- Have a box on each end of the barbells so that the barbell is elevated.
- Approach the barbell and have the bar come over the mid-foot but knees or shins are not touching the bar.
- Stand with feet hip or shoulder width apart.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your back and shoulders tight throughout the movement.
- Drop your hips outwards to bend down to the bar.
- Grab the bar with an overhand or alternating grip at or just outside shoulder width apart.
- Press through the floor by pressing through your heels to lift the bar up.
- Force your hips forward to explode the weight up to the finish position.
- Bring the weight up until you are in a standing position. Don’t over extend the back.
- Bring the weight back down to the boxes by dropping your hips outwards.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, drop your hips outwards to bring the weight back down to the bar and let go.