Banded Romanian Deadlift or RDL
- Set two resistance bands over top of the barbell by placing weight over the top the resistance band to hold in place.
- Have the weight come over your mid foot like setting up for the deadlift.
- Have your feet about or just inside shoulder width apart.
- Drop your hips outwards to lower to the bar.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your back and shoulders tight.
- Grab the bar shoulder width apart with either an overhand grip or alternating grip.
- Drive your heels into the ground to pick up the weight.
- Stand straight up with the bar and the bar should rest on your thighs.
- Slowly descend while dropping your hips and slightly bending your knees while keeping your shoulders tight by squeezing them together.
- Look forward about 6 feet to ensure proper head placement.
- Bring the bar to about to just below the knees or shin level.
- Drive through heels and return to the starting position.
- After completion, lower weight like a rep and place on the ground.