Banded Barbell Front Squat
- Have the bar set up just at chest level.
- Attach a resistance band or multiple to the bottom of the rack or stable surface and attach the other end to the ends of the barbell.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together to keep your back and shoulders tight.
- Place hands on the bar roughly shoulder width apart or just slightly outside shoulder width apart and place thumbs over top of the bar with fingers.
- Place the bar above the clavicles while keeping hands on the bar and rest bar on shoulders. Do not place on bone structure.
- Preform a half squat and un-rack the bar.
- Have feet about shoulder width apart and point toes outwards.
- Keep chest up and drop hips outwards hips while keeping knees out.
- Keep elbows high and drop until your knees are in line with your hips or slightly below.
- Drive through the heels and press back up while maintaining good posture.
- Repeat for necessary reps.
- After completion, step towards the rack until the bar touches the rack and preform a half squat down into the bar holds.