Banded Barbell Deadlift
- Attach bands to two stable surfaces such as boards with weights over top so that the bands are over top of the barbell. The bands should not be too tight so that the weight can come off the ground.
- Walk to the bar and have the bar go over top of your midfoot. Your shins shouldn’t touch the bar.
- Have your heels at hip width and point toes outwards.
- Drop hips outwards to bend down and keep bar at the midfoot.
- Grab the bar with an alternating grip about shoulder width apart and keep arms extended.
- Keep back and shoulders straight and tight by squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pull the bar while keeping back straight and drive through hips by forcing them forwards.
- Stop once you stand straight up. Don’t over extend your back.
- Return to starting position by dropping your hips outwards and repeat necessary reps.
- After completion, return the weight to the ground by dropping your hips outwards and once the weight is on the ground, let go of the bar.