Banded Barbell Box Squat
- Adjust the squat rack so the bar holders are just below shoulder height for easy un-racking of the weight.
- Use a box for desired depth of squat you will be working with.
- Attach a resistance band to the bottom of the rack or stable surface and attach the other end to the barbell.
- Place bar on shoulders and create a shelf to rest the bar on by squeezing your shoulder blades together to keep back and shoulders tight. Do not place bar on neck or spine.
- Grasp the bar wider but if more flexible have a narrower grip.
- Press the floor and un-rack the bar and take a step out.
- Place feet just at shoulder width apart or slightly outside shoulder width apart and keep toes pointed outward slightly.
- Drop your hips and glutes to the floor and drop until you either touch the box with glues or sit completely on the box.
- Press up through your heels without hunching your back.
- Keep back straight and head looking forward throughout movement.
- Repeat this for necessary reps.
- After completion, step forward and perform a half squat into the bar stops.